Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Eat Your Veggies...and a Chicken Leg


Today's blog post is all about making good clean choices for those lunches and dinners. Yesterday (Day 3 of my Cleanse) and today (Day 4) have been successful salad days from beginning to end. Let me put a disclaimer on what you are about to read....Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged!! I have been known to do some pretty crazy stuff when it comes to foods that I really enjoy.

I sucked down the Meal Replacement Shakes for breakfast both days and more or less snacked on fresh fruit and a handful of pistachios or almonds both days. Moment of truth...I am craving salt right now! In fact, I pretty well over did it with the pistachios yesterday before I even realized what had hit me. One handful led to ..oh well...way too many. I'll just leave it at that :(   But...back on track today with no crazy binges to report.

Tuesday Lunch: Included a Mandarin Orange cut into bite-size pieces, a Pluot, and a fresh veggie salad with 4 ounces of grilled chicken. I drizzled some Balsamic Dressing over the salad for a tangy flavor mixed with the sweetness of the fruit. It was a WIN! For those not familiar with pluots...they are a hybrid fruit that is a cross between a plum and an apricot. Yummy!
Tuesday Dinner: Leftover Pork Roast (6 ounces) with Salsa Verde...my Mexican creation.

Wednesday Lunch: A 4 ounce can of Albacore Tuna (drained) mixed with a single serving size of Guacamole (Costco), fresh salad, 1/2 peach, and a pluot. I didn't even need dressing this time since the tuna was so creamy.

Wednesday Dinner: Sweet Kale Salad and Rotisserie Chicken (5 ounces). I found this Kale Salad mix at Costco a couple of weeks ago, and it is simply amazing. I made a special trip to Costco tonight after work to pick up another bag. Well, of course, I had to get one of those fantastic chickens as well. Those at Costco are huge for $4.99. I priced the Walmart birds a couple of days ago...they think a lot of theirs now...priced at a whopping $8.99. Yes...that's ridiculous if you ask me. Now..another moment of truth. I made it to the parking lot and loaded the box of goodies into the back of the Xterra. Then...that chicken leg was calling my name. I could hear it whisper from under the plastic dome that was housing it. So...what other choice did I have but to open it up and grab a bite off of that doggone chicken. Yes, I was eating a piece of the chicken leg while standing in the Costco parking lot all alone with the hatchback of the vehicle hanging in the air. I have been threatening to do this time after time. I mean..come on...have you ever had to ride 35 miles with one of those amazing smelling birds all hot and roasted up? The good news is...I did have ample handi-wipes in the car glove box since my hands were some kind of sticky. Well, it's behind me now. That's all I've got to say about that..hehehe

Back to the salad talk... It comes with all these nutrient-rich superfoods/veggies plus the dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and poppyseed vinegarette dressing. Rumor has it that this salad mix can be found at Publix as well. Also, it is even better the next day so plan to make it a day ahead and enjoy for at least 2 days after.

These last few days have been pretty amazing with getting in my steps. Participating in the STEPtember challenge with my #START Weight Loss and Healthy Living group has been quite encouraging for the accountability. I have made my goal of 10,000 steps daily since September 2nd...3 days and counting now.  Today's steps: 11,203 and this is without a morning workout logged for the day. 
Well, guessing I better close for today. Days 1-4 behind me of the 10 day Cleanse. I am feeling less fluffy around the mid section despite Mother Nature getting ready to whip my bootie in a few days. I will be weighing in again on Day 11 as I jump to the MAX phase of the 24 Day Challenge. I wished that I had measured again at the beginning of this challenge. However, I will be sure to measure at the end and do a little comparison with the first 24 DC that I completed back in Feb/March 2013.

Later gators!

1 comment: