Sunday, September 8, 2013

#STEPtember #Cleanse #CrossFit....Unbroken!


Please forgive my slacking on my posts this week as it has rolled into the weekend. On the upside, I was able to get a few thoughts on the Facebook page "Fluffy and Figuring Out Fit" but that doesn't really take the place of the blog since I love to just unfold my day in paragraphs rather than simple sentences...hehehe

Thursday and Friday seemed to be just average overall. I remained strong for Day 5 of the cleanse on Thursday with the average eats and then fajitas for dinner at the local Mexican venue. I enjoy that menu selection since I can get chicken/steak/peppers/onions all grilled up while skipping the rice, beans, and tortillas. I did enjoy a little Pico and guacamole though with my meat and veggies. FYI: You don't really need all that filler of rice, beans, and tortillas to really enjoy that meal.

Day 6 (Friday) was a work from home day. I needed to get my steps in for my #STEPtember challenge before the day started strong, so I took out to the pavement way early (around 5:15am) with my girl to get my 3 mile run in and ended up hooking up with a couple of the neighborhood ladies to complete my steps while walking another couple of miles before heading into the "office"...(aka: Kitchen table).
 When I made it back in, I threw together a smoothie. Ingredients: 1/2 frozen banana, 6-8 frozen strawberries, 4 chunks of frozen pineapple, 1 tbsp Chia seeds, 1 scoop Muscle Gain Vanilla Protein Powder, 8 oz water, 2 pkts Stevia. Simply wonderful...
I managed to get a record total of steps in on Friday...love seeing just over 9 miles logged :)
Dinner on Friday night was a bust. I had cooked up some ribs that I picked up at Costco. They were nothing less than horrible. Over-seasoned from the store, too salty, and tough as raw hide. So...instead, I ate some leftover rotisserie chicken with a ton of that yummy Sweet Kale Salad. Yes, I ate that same meal twice today...Lunch and Dinner.

Saturday...can't wait to share this! My smokin' hot, bald man and I went to our first Cross Fit class at Cross Fit Music City. In all honesty, I was a bit nervous. Not knowing what to expect mixed with knowing I was going to be sore...Yes, I was a bit anxious but excited all the same.
Our friend, Loren, had invited me a month ago but I needed to recuperate from a simple dermatology surgery on my back so had to decline. She was kind enough to think of me again and messaged me on Friday to ask if I wanted to meet her at the class on Saturday AM. Of course, I was quick to take her up on that offer. Turns out...David and I could try it out for free at the Community Class so I talked him into going with me. Sucker!
I Sparked it up with Mango Strawberry and added some pre-workout Arginine Extreme. Turns out...that was a perfect combination for energy and fueling my muscles.
A little history on Loren is that she started with this Cross Fit group about 6 months ago. I have watched her grow inside and out as she has found a true passion for toning up and formed friendships with folks that have similar interests and goals. I have seen pictures of her lifting ability; needless to say, I wouldn't want to challenge her with a dead lift.. This cutie is a mother, a wife, a professional in the workplace...and last but not least...a woman that desires to be better. If for no other reason other than that desire to be better...we are connected!

Despite being a little bit sore today, I can wholeheartedly tell you that WE ARE HOOKED! Yes, that smokin' hot, bald man in that pic loved it too. The CrossFit community is a different breed. They don't scowl at you because you are slow and holding up the group. Instead, they lift you up and cheer you on as you are dragging in for the last set of the 200 meter run carrying a 14 pound med ball, 25 situps with the med ball, 200 meter run without the ball, and 25 squats with that same 400 pound med ball (at least it felt that heavy by the end).

After a quick stop at the church for a baby shower, we headed home for a quick shower of our own. Protein was much needed after that kind of workout so we headed to a late date lunch :) Saturdays have really been nice since I am not routinely working away from home any longer. AM workouts rolling into impromptu dates with my man...loving life...thank you AdvoCare :)
After lunch and a quick stop back home, we hit the road again to a Pampered Chef party. Oh how I love me some Pampered Chef! Back home by about 8ish and had to get those #STEPtember challenge steps in so my girl and I walked the neighborhood together...walkin', talkin', makin' memories.
ChaChing..got those 10,000 steps in with some to spare:
Sunday (Today)... Spent the day with my sweet little boy for 12 hours. He was not feeling completely up to par but we still enjoyed the day together. Lunch was a bed of spinach with a mound of rotisserie chicken and 1/4 cup of cashews plus a small handful of grapes sliced of nicely. I drizzled balsamic vinegarette on it. Yum! Dinner... The chili was on the stove and the fire was in the pit waiting on me when I arrived home. We enjoyed a bowl of chili while sitting out by the fire and laughing as David shared a childhood memory of his. Take home lesson..."Don't pour gasoline on a fire." It will end up burning up your dad's work truck along with leaving you with singed eyebrows. Sharing time with the family was far more important than getting those steps in this evening. So... 
Unfortunately, I didn't meet my 10,000 #STEPtember goal today...but I will definitely make it a point to get to goal and then some tomorrow.
Well, it's bedtime so sweet dreams friends. Day 8 of my cleanse is behind me! I will be weighing in on Wednesday to see where I am after the Cleanse Phase of the Challenge as I am heading in to the Max Phase. My workout clothes are looser so maybe that's a good indication that I am less fluffy.



No comments:

Post a Comment