Sunday, September 1, 2013

Up for the Challenge...Day 1.

Today marks Day 1 of 24 for this 24 Day Challenge. These first 10 days are for cleansing the gut of toxins and junk that has accumulated over the last 90 days. Honestly, I am really looking forward to these 10 because I know that my body needs a good scrubbing in order to jump start my way through these last 25 or so pounds that are still remaining on this fat-brained chick.

The alarm sounded at the 5am hour...time to start the work day. First, I enjoyed a  Spark and my Catalyst. I am definitely doing my best to follow the 24 Day Challenge Booklet that comes with the products. One might think that this would be easy considering I have completed 2 other Herbal Cleanses prior to starting my 3rd today. However, I really want to give this 24 Day Challenge the best of me...which means following it to the letter. As human nature would have it, we get lazy with the best laid plans and guidelines.
Today was a private duty nursing work day so I got to take care of my little fella for 12 hours. Over the course of the day, I made very good food choices. In fact, I kept it very simple by starting today off with a Chocolate Mocha Meal Replacement Shake. I blended it and drank it on the road.
My snacks included a serving of nuts and fruit a couple of times today. Lunch was a 4 ounce can of Tuna in water with some guacamole mixed in for creaminess. My veggies were already cut and ready to bag up. So...I ate a few cucumber slices and red pepper slices, a couple of carrots, and a handful of cherry tomatoes.
Dinner...AMAZING! My sweetheart cooked it up on the grill for us.
I finished up this evening with my OmegaPlex (2 gel caps) at dinner and the Herbal Tablets at bedtime.
It's great when you realize that you have an amazing amount of energy still left in reserve after eating dinner. In fact, I went ahead and snagged a little plank time so that I could pick up where I left off in August for the 30 day Plank Challenge. I managed to hold the plank for 2 minutes so that is where I will start off...Day 16.

My impression of this day...EXCELLENT. I was really concerned that I would feel starved since I have loaded up the belly over the last couple of days with Friday night pizza and a cookout last night in celebration of the College Football Kick-off. The scales showed that indulgence but my body didn't feel starved. I am about 3 pounds up from my weight about a week ago. Honestly, my body was probably thanking me for today as I allowed it to recover after some crazy over-indulgence.
Unfortunately, I didn't make my STEPtember daily goal of 10,000 steps for the #START Weight loss and Healthy Living group. I managed to knock out 4,640 steps today which is actually more than a typical working Sunday for me. Planning to rise and shine early tomorrow (Labor Day) and knock out 3 miles :)

So...here's to sweet dreams and cheers for Day 1 success.

No comments:

Post a Comment