Saturday, May 26, 2012

Making history in the Historic District

I can start by saying that this week has been one of my best if I gauge it by my mileage, time investment, and calorie burn. In reviewing, I can see that I managed to complete 22 miles in a total of 5 workout days . According to Garmin, I had a little over 2500 calories burned. That's a stinkin' awesome return on my investment.

My new favorite snack...fresh fruit with a dollop of yum!

Today started out with a rockin' start as we had planned. David and I hooked up with our friend, Shirley, and headed to the Springfield Greenway. When we arrived to get started about 7:30am, we learned that the 5K that was being held in Springfield today happened to occupy about 3 miles of the course. We went ahead and started from our end and took our chances on getting barricaded and forced to turn around. Turns out, we made it to the other end (approx. 2.45 miles) before the race began. Once we had made it to that point, we chose to turn back but head down the back roads rather than staying on the course. By the time we reached the Jeep again, we had completed 6.2 miles..aka 10K. The primary reason for our endurance training today was to prepare us (David and I) for the upcoming Hell or High Water 10K on June 9th.  David nor Shirley had seen 6 miles prior to today. Exciting for me to be part of their first longer distance. We walked the course today but I hope to jog/walk most of the Hell or High Water 10K with 3:1 intervals if all goes as planned.  
  
A little piece of nature along the Greenway
I managed to make the most out of the walking today since I burned a few calories to use this evening as we celebrate Shirley's recent graduation from Surgical Tech school. My big plans are for plenty of salsa verde and chips accompanied with ritas (of course). I have kept it rather simple in the eats department today since I have had 1 cup of coffee with cream and Splenda before our workout and 2 **yummy** hot dogs at Sonic and a soft serve cone for lunch at Sonic. The dogs totaled 770 calories and the cone was 250 calories. I added a diet Cherry Limeaid to wash it all down. So...I managed to consume 1020 calories from Sonic...Jeez, was it worth it?! Yes, it was today :) So, that leaves me about 1800 calories that I could consume this eve and still be on target for the day. Hmmm...thinking that might be possible if I can control the chips.

Me and Shirley along the back 3 miles

 
            Today's Workout Summary (according to the Garmin)

Extra info from the workout that my Garmin site notes:

Avg Pace:
16:18 min/mi
Elevation Gain:
1,198 ft

Just as we entered the last leg of our walk.

Pic of my brother''s home in Springfield.
We passed him working in the backyard along the way back to the Jeep.
  
By the end of our routine today, we had all had enough of the heat. It was nearing close to 86 degrees by about 930am. Late May weather starting like this may definitely make for a hot summer. Guess my 4:30am workouts are going to be a GREAT idea after all since I will be getting my butt moving before the sun shines. The Bondi Band that I am wearing is the shinizzle when it comes to keeping the sweat out of my eyes.

I have got to quit smiling so big...my neck looks like that turtle that we passed earlier.
Gotta love David's shirt though :)

The truth of the week...Weigh Day Friday (yesterday). I am pleased to share that I have left another little bit of blubber behind again this week. Loving the new Tanita Scale for its consistency. I can hop off and then step back on 10 minutes later...the same numbers :) Based on the numbers, it looks like I am down 1.6 pounds and up in my water % and down in the fat %...all good stuff in my book. Here's to another great week thanks to accountability.
This Friday's Weight: 194.2, (Fat % 40.2, H20 % 42.9)
Last week's verdict: 195.8 on the new Tanita Scale (41.2% Fat, 42.2% Water)

No comments:

Post a Comment