Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shindigs and Celebrations


 
My walk in from the parking lot in the mornings...doesn't get more peaceful than this.
 As I walk into the office many mornings, I find myself day dreaming. It is exactly 1/2 mile from my parking place in the lot to the back door of our clinic. I take advantage of every step along that path to enjoy the scenery and smell the sweet smells of mother nature. Amazing how you can prepare for a busy workday or unwind from a chaotic afternoon in the office with only 1/2 mile of peace and quiet.
_________________________________________________________________________

What an awesome surprise this morning as I walked in the back door to our clinic! The MDs and administrative staff went over and above to recognize nurses for Nurses Week. From the balloons lining the ceiling to the signage throughout the clinic...I felt like the red carpet was rolled out all the way to my office. The fun didn't stop there. 
 
 
Lining the hallway in the clinic



I share an office with 3 other nurses, and we all had awesome little baskets prepared with some of our favorite goodies along with a caricature hanging on our computer monitors. In fact, each nurse (total of about 13 of us) had personalized baskets and decor in our offices. As you can see in my cool green basket below, I have several goodies to enjoy...trail mix to ritas with Skinny Cows and Kashi Bars thrown in. The docs all went in together to get each nurse a large Vanderbilt golf umbrella.  The signage hanging from the ceiling set the mood for the day...
* Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off!
*Sarcasm...Just one more service I offer.
* I need chocolate STAT!
*Nurse Parking Only...violators will get a rectal exam
*Be Nice! I might be your nurse someday.



______________________________________________________________

I wanted to share a small piece of mine and David's daily regimen with the world. I have to giggle as I post this pic because we have officially crossed over that bridge of youth to middle age based on the size of our pill planner. David's are stretched out in the top 2 rows and mine in the bottom 2 rows. Now, one might say...this is a planner designed for one person that takes medications four times a day...not 2 people's medications. Well, yeah, I thought the same at first. But...I need David to hold me accountable since I am such a "non-pill-taking" kind of gal. He does so well and I want to be like him when I grow up :)
All of these compartments are filled with nothing more than vitamins and minerals. Neither of us take any prescribed medications...thank goodness. I have promised a few friends that I would share my regimen despite me not being the most compliant at taking them so here goes...


AM
2 Acai Berry capsules
1 Chromium Picolinate
1 B-Complex
1 Viactiv chew

PM
2 Acai Berry capsules
1 Multivitamin
1 Chromium Picolinate

I tend to fill energized and "healthier" overall when I am good about taking my day's allotment as packaged so nicely in these little bins. Why is it so hard for me to remember to take them? Who the heck knows...guess it is the early onset dementia that gets me some days. Here recently, I have added a couple of Osteo Biflex to morning and night to hopefully help with the residual left hip pain. So far...I can't tell a difference but I will follow thru for 2 weeks for continuity if nothing else.






1 comment:

  1. It takes about 2 weeks for the Bioflex to build up in the system before you will fell a difference

    ReplyDelete