Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Out of Control

Monday was "Pamper Kimberly" Day. Thankfully, I had the day off so I spent it just like I wanted to rather than how I needed to...such as cleaning, laundry, etc.  I started out the morning with a 1 hour total body massage at Massage Envy. Linda and I decided to head out to Hendersonville since they had the best deal. $49 for 1 hour of relaxation and stretching with the massage therapist...I would have paid twice that based on how much I needed to relieve those generalized sore muscles. After the massage, we drove around the corner to get a pedicure. Just as the sweet fella was taking off the old purple polish, I had one of the scariest experiences ever. As I looked down, I caught a glimpse of my 2nd and 3rd toe nails on my right foot. Now, if you remember, those toes were pretty darn sore just after the race and the day after was no better. That soreness equated to BLACK and BLUE toe nails. Yes, I said it...BLACK and BLUE. The toes looked basically normal but the nail beds lacked beauty for sure. The huge blister on my big toe beside them was looking minuscule in the big picture. Jeez a meez, guess I was taking a bigger beating than I thought. But...a few sore toes won't stop this gal from doing it all over again.

 Caught a couple of pics of me and Linda getting our pedicures.

We followed our massages and pedicures with a nice lunch at Cheddar's. The remainder of the day was spent shopping for a few decorations for the Dos de Mayo party at work on Wednesday.

Tuesday night was my night to cut veggies and mix up a good homemade batch of pico de gallo and cheese queso. Those that know me best are aware that I tend to throw some ingredients together and hope for the best. This pico was no different. I promised I would share my "recipe" though so here goes...


6 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
1/4 of large yellow onion, diced finely
1/2 bunch of cilantro, rinsed and chopped
8 Roma tomatoes, diced
Juice from 4 ripe limes, kneaded and squeezed
2 tbsp. salt (I love salty pico)


Wednesday (today) was our quarterly birthday celebration at the office. We celebrated the birthdays of staff members that were born in April, May and June. I was super pumped to have mexican food on the menu for my B-Day celebration (June 25th) because all mexican food falls on my favorite food list. We called it "Dos de Mayo" since we celebrated with a mexican theme on the 2nd of May. Unfortunately, we had to use Cinco de Mayo decorations :) If there is one thing I can say about our clinic, we know how to eat good.



Steak and Chicken tacos, mexican rice, homemade quacamole, pico, queso, black beans, refried beans, salsa, and so on and so forth
  


Gotta have dessert



Love the sombreros doubling as chip holders

<><>
<>
<><>
Me and my nurse manager at today's celebration

 Out of control eating doesn't even begin to describe this week for me. Since the 1/2 marathon last Saturday, I have not stopped "enjoying" food...any and all food apparently. My portions are out of control, and my choices have not been the best. I think I have been bummed because of my sore toes and the need to give them a break from the gym to allow them to rest/heal. But...it's time to turn this train around and gain steam in the opposite direction. Back to the gym tomorrow even if I just end up on the elliptical.


No comments:

Post a Comment