Sunday, June 17, 2012

Surviving the Challenge

Challenges have clouded this week from beginning to end and will continue to roll into next week like a storm. From lunch at PF Changs last Monday with my girls to dinner meetings last Wednesday (Stoney River) and Thursday (Chuy's), I can say that I managed them as best as I could without totally killing the caloric count given the calories I earned/burned with exercise. If I think of the calories that I ate on those eating out days, they probably totalled 2000-2300 per day. On the upside, I have logged 26.51 miles on the road since last Saturday with the total calories burn equalling 3005. I managed to make it to the curb Monday thru Friday this week with the exception of Wednesday.

Weigh Day Friday with the Secret Scale Society revealed not so great results on the old WW scale with the gals but the good news is that the Tanita scale was much nicer to me for the week of chaotic eating. For the blogging purpose, I plan to use the Tanita as the official...be it good, bad, or indifferent. For the Secret Scale Society...Angie and Danielle rocked it!

     My total weight loss this week: 1.2 pounds

    This week's (June 15th) weight= 192.4, Total body fat % 39.3, Total body water % 42.5
June 8th Last Friday's Weight: 193.6, (Fat % 39.9, H20 % 43.1)

The road less traveled...1st time to do 7 miles in Springfield

Saturday goes down in history as the best team building Saturday morning endurance training thus far. A couple of the Secret Scale Society members (Angie and Kellie) rode with me and David to The Springfield Greenway about 7am. We planned to knock out 6 miles but ended up making it more like 7.11 miles by the time we made it back around to the Jeep. As we started to make the last turn to the 5th Avenue hill, David tossed up the idea of walking a little further up Memorial Blvd. I have to giggle as I think back to the tone of conversation during that morning. When we started out, David and the girls were snickering that my walk was equivalent to their jog. By the end, the girls were growling under their breath at their "trainer". That trainer happened to be David by about the 5 1/2 mile mark :) He was as determined as I have ever seen him be...and I loved it! We had stayed on the greenway for the first 3 miles or so then took off down the back roads of Springfield and up thru town.



Not sure I wanted to share this one since David and I agreed that we have looked "less round" in other pics

I can't complain about the extra mileage since I knew I was paying my dues for all of the eating out this past week. All in all, this week has been busy but productive. I am a bit nervous about this next week. I will be out of town starting tomorrow mid-day until the following Sunday. Monday and Tuesday will be spent in San Francisco at a business venture with speaking to a group of case managers at the CMSA conference, and Thursday thru the following Sunday will be in Orlando at a work conference. I am already trying to calculate how I can eat right and fit in some exercise as I travel coast to coast. My action plan will be to keep all food in moderation and make it to the hotel gyms on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings. My flight doesn't take off until 12:30pm tomorrow (Monday) so I can meet at the curb with my bestest 4:30 team for a last chance workout before I head to the airport.

Saturday's Totals...from steady to leisure walking

Last but not least...wanted to show the world that this gal can be as gross as the next blogger. Remember that I mentioned my toenails has served as a sacrifice during the 1/2 marathon back in April? Well, the biggest of the sacrifices decided to cut the rope and bail out. Alls I can say is YUCK! Guess this officially makes me a member of the "lost toenails" club. Those next 2 toenails are soon to be bailing out as well. Until they get tired of hanging on, I will keep them painted. But....this will definitely be a NO SANDALS SUMMER.

Who needs toenails?

No comments:

Post a Comment