Saturday, November 23, 2013

"Bod"acious

Me and my guy waiting for the Bod Pod assessment
As promised, I am sharing my Bod Pod results as reassessed yesterday after approximately 2 months of continuing my pursuit of "figuring out fit." The truth is...I have been more reckless with my eating than I should have been since the last assessment. In the process of this 2 months, I went ahead and completed another 10 day Herbal Cleanse which definitely reset those cravings back to "could take or leave them" instead of "just one won't hurt." On the upside, I have really focused more on moving this bootie and toning up the flab with running/walking on the treadmill plus a little resistance training on some of the weight machines at our gym.  The scales haven't changed drastically. In fact, I have only reduced my total weight by about 5-6 pounds over the last 2 months.

So...without further delay:
Reggie explained that I had great results but not a true 15+ pounds of muscle building in 2 months. He clarified these findings more accurately as a recovery of my muscle loss that I had been left with after the 2 years of "dieting" rather than focusing on filling those nutritional gaps with supplements and eating cleaner all while balancing exercising. Regardless of the analysis, he wanted me to know that I was making great progress but it is time to get serious about reaching my goals. He said the key moving forward is to keep the Fat Free Weight (aka..muscle mass) in place while reducing the fat %. The recommendation of 1500-1600 calories a day and continuing my current exercise routine was duly noted and gives me a nice guide post for the next 2-3 months. With all this being said, I can honestly say that I am so very glad that I didn't let the scales dictate my mood or deteriorate my motivation.
Yes, I went there.
_______________________________________________________

I wanted to go ahead and include a little recap of my race today as well on this blogpost. My sweetheart, me, and my oldest girl (not pictured because she does not do cold nor mornings..hehehe) made our way down the road to Springfield, TN to run the Farm Bureau Holiday Run in Historic Springfield. We have watched the runners and cheered them in for the last 2 years but I wanted to be one of them this year. Sign me up...cold or not! The race was just the beginning of a day of fun since we also enjoyed the Christmas parade as it rolled through town and pigged out on a huge Thanksgiving spread with the family at my brother and sis-in-laws house (aka...The Carousel House).
Wowzers, it was chilly! The "coolest" part was that this was my first cold weather run EVER! I was a little concerned about how my lungs would fair but I was totally impressed that I didn't struggle with my breathing. The hills maxed out my legs so I had to walk briskly up 2 of the largest hills I have ever seen. If it tells you anything about the incline, my heart rate never dropped below 155. If you have ever run up a steep hill like these then you know what I mean when I say it felt like I was running in quick sand.
Despite this chilly, Fall day and all the hills, I still managed to score a new personal record for a 5K. My average HR was about 165 with holding an average pace of 11:08. I went back to look at one of the last 5Ks I did recently in my home town and realized that it was not measured correctly by the race/timing officials. I was puzzled that I had completed a 5K in under 33 minutes when my previous best had been over 36 just a few weeks prior. So...I went back and reviewed my Garmin and the Booby Bolt race was only 2.96 miles instead of 3.12. My last true timed 5K was in Nashville (listed below) with a pace of 11:47 and total time of 36:34 which dates back 2 months ago. As I shave off almost 2 minutes of my 5K and increased my pace by about 40 seconds, it looks like I have made progress not only in the Bod Pod but also on the pavement in the last 2 months. Hallelujah! AdvoCare Performance products are really showing their stuff in this fluffy body as it figures out fit. O2 Gold, Arginine Extreme, Spark, Muscle Strength, and Catalyst are my new best friends.
After feeding my face with all my favorites including mom's oyster casserole and dad's turkey cooked in the Green Egg, we have made our way home for a relaxing evening at home. A perfect ending to a great memory making day...VANDY WINS over UT 14-10. Sweet dreams folks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment