Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cooking it up Costco style

I headed to Costco after work yesterday only to realize that I should have never gone there HUNGRY! I know, I know...I broke one of the cardinal rules of "don't shop hungry" but I didn't have much choice since I was shopping for our dinner. $198 later...I am loading up in the car and headed home.


The smell of that darn Rotisserie chicken about made me chew my way into the steering wheel on the way home. Something that smells that good should not be sold to women like me with obvious fat brains :) But, I managed to make it home with it still intact in the packaging.
It was like a buffet on the kitchen counter as me and the family made the decision to cook nearly all of it except the Chicken Alfredo last night. 


Since I will not be home for dinner tonight, the hubby and kids will enjoy a quick but yummy Chicken Alfredo with very little effort. Costco sure knows how to make this mamma happy :)

Last night's dinner tasted like a pricey meal at a fine dining establishment. Salmon with Basil Lemon Butter (thanks to Linda for this recommendation), seafood stuffed portabella mushroom, "squeaky" beans (as my hubby calls them), and sweet potato wedges (a staple in the house these days). All of these items were found so conveniently at Costco...I love that store!


This morning was destined to be an inside workout since I just didn't feel like heading into the muggy morning in the dark. I jumped on the elliptical and knocked out a 5K of cardio before jumping in the shower.


We had a staff meeting at the office this AM so I had to get their on time but also have 4 yummy Butter Braids cooked and ready to travel. I needed to rid the freezer from these temptations before they made it to our table or before they got freezer burnt. You will be pleased to know that I didn't indulge or even lick my fingers when preparing these warm, sweet loaves of goodness. Ok, maybe I did squeeze a little of the icing on my finger before tossing the baggy in the trash :) After all, I have goals to meet and I already know what these taste like because I have had WAY TOO MUCH of them in the past :).



Your little taste of goodness for the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment