Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hanging in the Balance



After losing right at 80 pounds and finding that you can shop in the "regular size" department after about 20 years in the "plus size", that you can now do most anything you desire including RUNNING and that you feel pretty stinkin' amazing for owning your place in the "over 40" crowd, it's extremely easy to get comfortable and complacent. It seems easier to focus on how far you've come because that number is bigger rather than on how far you still want to go in this journey before you get to that "happy place" on the scale and in the jean size that you would love to feel amazing in without waiting on them to stretch to fit. You know what I'm talking about...those jeans that will fit better once you make the car ride into work. Heck, some days I just need that immediate reward and just want them to feel awesome right out of the dryer.The truth is that 80 pounds always seems to look better than the 25% more effort that will be required to get to goal.

That all being said...just know that I am avidly working and balancing self-acceptance with self-improvement. Love this reminder from a friend: "So why is a car's windshield so large, and rear view mirror so small? Because our PAST is nothing compared to our FUTURE. Look forward and move on."

I have scheduled my recheck in the Bod Pod for this Friday. Honestly, I am super excited and scared to death all in the same breath. Reggie will deliver the good, the bad, and the ugly all together with his analysis of body fat % and lean muscle mass as I sit in my skibbies in the egg.
After we joined Planet Fitness about a month or two ago, I have made it a point to be more active and more dedicated to weight/resistance training. My UPband trending results show that I have averaged over 300,000 steps in September and October which is up from around 250,000 in the previous months over the summer. This crisp, chilly Fall weather is not holding me back because I am on track to knock out about the same for November or better. My eating habits have been less than desirable but I have managed to drop about 5-6 pounds in the last 6 weeks and my clothes are fitting less snug in some of the right areas..namely my bootie and mid-section. I am hell bent that I am not going to be held captive by the scale but it is still a nice reminder on occasion that we are accountable at many different levels in life...even those below our feet..hehehe

Last but not least today...I MUST SHARE this clip with you.
We are given the opportunity to reset our thoughts each day that our feet hit the floor. Without much thought, I choose happiness! However, I still struggle on what I see in the mirror and how my afternoon happy factor may take a nose dive if I allow myself to count the wrinkles around my eyes or on my neck let alone the bad hair days that end up making me have that "fresh out of bed" look no matter how much product I use.
So...take about 3 minutes and follow this link. We all owe it to ourselves to view ourselves through the eyes of others. A big thank you to my dear friend, Linda, for sharing this with me this morning even though it started my water works before the work day had begun.
http://www.upworthy.com/2-people-described-the-same-person-to-a-forensic-artist-and-this-is-what-happene?g=2

No comments:

Post a Comment