Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Settled into Routine

I am realizing how truly "routine" my Tuesday thru Thursday schedule has become. Nothing wrong with routine when it includes EXERCISE and EATING RIGHT, I guess. Started this morning at the gym by 5:30am...seems like I have progressively moved to the 5:30 arrival time at the Y from the original 5:15am. Not that 15 minutes really matters; however, I am having trouble with the **Snooze** button. In fact, the hubby mans the alarm, and I seem to keep asking for "just 5 more minutes" more than ever before. He sure is persistent though, because he knows how much starting my day at the gym means to me so keeps me nudged until I roll out of the bed. Love him for that :) Solution: Earlier to bed, early to rise!

Calorie burn and Distance on the Elliptical this AM

Today was set to be my lighter day so I spent about 30 minutes or so on the Elliptical instead of running. The downside is that my Garmin foot pod does not like the Elliptical so I have to depend on the machine to give me a rough estimate of calorie burn. I followed up by walking on the treadmill for about 10 minutes for the cool down.

In the vein of "routine", I have to share my newest find for a breakfast that is a little slice of heaven. In fact, I have enjoyed this for the last 3 mornings.
Only 3 ingredients...1 of my favorites (White Chocolate PB) coupled with a small banana and 100 cal flat bread. Toast the Thins and then spread with a thin layer (approx 2 tbsp or less) of White Choc PB followed by sliced nana. A hearty, stick-to-your ribs breakfast for about 350 calories.

  
 Counting down the days until race day now! I am getting more excited as the days roll by...April 28th can't come soon enough. Saturday will be a long run/walk...10 miles with Gilda's Gang. Not looking foward to it simply because Dannah is not going to be able to go. She has to take the ACT that AM so she will miss this training day (only 2 out of 14...not bad for dedication). This is the last big training day before the 1/2 marathon. Next week (21st) is a lighter 6 miles...hahaha...I can't believe I am thinking that 6 miles is "lighter". Power of positive thinking!
My Training Buddy ...right by my side the whole way...encouraging and pushing me!



No comments:

Post a Comment