Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekends Rock!

 Saturday Training and a little R&R


Gilda's Gang 2012
 Saturday AM training started with drizzle but ended with the sun peaking out from behind a few clouds. Keeping mindful of my hip pain and allowing it to recover a bit more before Race Day, I chose to jog/walk at a little slower pace for this 6 miles. Dannah and I pushed thru the out-and-back track with Gilda's Gang along 17th to Belmont Blvd. and back to Gilda's Club in about 1 hour 21 minutes. This time is about 3 minutes greater than our previous 6 mile time. The best part...burning over 800 calories :)

Photo

We rushed out of there in time to meet up with Dannah's dad at the Downtown YMCA since I had lunch plans with the PH Support Group downtown. I spent the lunch hour with patients and their caregivers at Logans along with my sweetheart. I ended up taking the evening off work. David and I enjoyed a quick dinner at Rosepepper Cantina and returned home for an evening  to rest, relax, and snuggle.
 ______________________________________________________________________________
Sunday...Earth Day
Springfield, TN : Springfield Greenway
After spending the morning at 24 Church, David and I celebrated Earth Day by spending time in the early afternoon along the Greenway in Springfield. Actually, we called in celebrating Earth Day but it was really more about spending some good quality time together before the busy week ahead. The paved path on the greenway stretches approximately 3 miles one way and leads you thru a beautiful piece of Springfield as you pass over streams and along side farmland to one side and baseball diamonds on the other. We only covered about 1 1/2 miles walking before we turned back toward the car. For one, the skies were looking pretty gloomy and we were afraid of getting drenched. Second, David's shoes were killing his shins so we didn't want to push it too hard. After burning a little over 300 calories (327 according to Garmin), we made our way to Smoothie King. I treated myself to a Peach Skinny Smoothie...YUMMY!



_________________________________________________________________________________
I wanted to share a great recipe with my friends and followers. I cooked this in the crockpot on Friday while I worked from home. My plan was to have it for dinner Friday, but we ended up eating Subway instead. So, before it made it to the frig for later, I managed to pick it apart and eat a couple of forks full. It was a nice blend of sweet and spicy. I plan to have it with some red potatoes, corn, and green beans on Monday eve since the hard part is already done...the meat :)
 Here goes it...Crockpot Cranberry Pork Loin
3 lb Boneless Pork Loin
16 oz. can Whole Cranberry Sauce
1/4 Cup Worcestorshire sauce
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp. Yellow Mustard

Mix all ingredients except pork loin together in a bowl. Place pork loin in crockpot sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pour liquid mixture over top of the pork loin. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment