Friday, April 27, 2012

'Twas the night before...

What is today? Some may say Finally Friday. I say...It's the evening prior to the Country Music 1/2 Marathon!" I am so excited that I can barely contain myself. I have been working off nervous energy all day. Thankfully, this was my scheduled Friday off this week, and I am off on Monday as well. In addition, I took off from the part-time job as well so I could rest up after the 13.1 miles tomorrow. Yikes! I don't quite know how to act with 4 full days off from all employment.

This week has been packed full of after-work activities including meetings on Monday and Tuesday for the girls school/sports related stuff. Wednesday was supposed to be somewhat low key with sports physicals being the only item on the evening agenda. Unfortunately, David hurt his back at work in the late afternoon on Wednesday so I ended up spending the evening in the Vandy ED with him. Poor fella...he is trying to be a "patient" patient but being sick is not his strong suit.

Today was filled full of house cleaning, yard work, and laundry. The yard work is usually David's job but he is trying to recuperate. So...I started the Mommy Do list about 730am and am just settling down to blog a few lines now at 7pm. Ugh! This "not-so-small" stack of laundry is just about 5 days worth. I do need to admit that I hit the road in the late afternoon to run a few errands so I wasn't completely locked in at home all day. Needless to say, mowing/trimming/weed eating was the best part of the morning because I so needed to smell the cool breeze and feel the sun shine on my head. Refreshing!

I am super excited to get my wedding band back from Zales today. I had to get it sized down from 8.25 to a 6.5 due to my weight loss. WOW! That feels good. Weird how your fingers shrink faster than your bootie though. I am holding off on getting my diamond set (solitaire and wrap) sized until I reach my goal weight. Rewarding myself with diamonds rather than food...hahaha.

Getting ready for tomorrow AM is the highlight of this evening. Most importantly...the race number. But next in line is my Garmin. Yes, I rate this above my water and snacks for the course. I am addicted to knowing how many miles I have gone and how many are remaining. The calorie count and heart rate info is like my true medal at the end of this journey.


Almost forgot to share my Gilda's Gang shirt with the world outside of the "gang members". As you can see, I had a few names added. These are some of the most special people that have blessed my life along the way. My fond memories of them will surely carry me another mile tomorrow when my 'ole muscles and bones are screaming to give up. Just to recap: Daniel (the step-father that I remember as "dad" who lost his battle to lung cancer after 2 1/2 years of struggle), Sherry (one of my best friends from high school that lost her life to an unknown primary cancer), Bobby (my uncle currently battling kidney cancer), and Terry (my father-in-law that is a head/neck cancer survivor)
My plan is to wear my black exercise pants and a white long sleeved T-shirt underneath this shirt tomorrow morning. It is supposed to be about 60 degrees at 6am so I don't want to start out too cold. Of course, my Bondi-Band Headband "Make Time Not Excuses" will be a must.
OH! Almost forgot to mention...tomorrow's agenda at a glance.
4am: Rise and Shine
5am: Meeting up with my buddy, Cathy, at the local gas station and hitting the road toward Nashville.
6am: Picture time with The Gang followed by making our way to the designated corral. I am set to be in Corral 30. As you can see...I am 32, 672 out of approx 35,000 participants.
7am: The race begins!
10am: Hoping to be crossing the Finish Line! (3 hours or less is my goal)
Lunch somewhere followed by a nap (hopefully)    :)
5-7pm: After Race Party at Gilda's Club (Massages and snacks are enough to draw me there for sure.)
7-10pm: Concert at the Bridgestone Arena with Gloriana and Rodney Atkins
Tomorrow starts with the alarm at 4am so I better get busy folding a load of clothes and hit the sack. Sweet Dreams! Definitely more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment