Thursday, March 28, 2013

Springing on the Green


Today, Tennessee has provided me some amazing weather to be outside with my girls on Spring Break! Started the morning being productive inside at the computer paying bills and catching up on emails since this chick doesn't do exercise in COLD weather (45 degrees). By the time we made it to the greenway, the sun was shining and the wind was mellow which made for an amazing tennis "match" and run/walk on the greenway. I have to giggle about "match" because we simply batted the tennis ball back and forth and chatted...making memories rather than burning calories...that's the best "match" I can imagine. For the most part, I managed to keep up with those girls that are less than half my age. Then... off to the greenway we went. We were nice and warmed up after the tennis "match" so we started out in a jog almost immediately. That is usually not my style since I usually try to brisk walk the first half mile. But..what the heck...you only live once :)

Greenway totals today
My 5K time for today
On another good note, I didn't fall down with exhaustion or have to be dragged back to the car after we completed just over 4 1/2 miles on the run/walk. As you can see, I am not a fast paced gazelle ...more along the lines of a wanna-be runner. But...I did it! Before we started out, I had planned to do about 6 miles but knowing that we needed to get back home for a night out on the town with teenagers...I wanted to have a little energy in reserve..hehehe.

Still smiling after 90 minutes in the great outdoors.
After stopping to buy Dannah some new running shoes, we finally found our way back home around 4pm and raided the fridge! Because I am a foodie, I have to share that I threw together a whole wheat tortilla with about 3 or 4 tbsp of that yummy Lite Spinach Dip made with LowFat Greek Yogurt spread on top along with about 2 oz of chicken deli meat. I rolled it up all together and inhaled it like a starved lunatic. That was about the best 250 calories that I have eaten in a few days :) Don't even crack a smile or make fun when I tell you that I had to recreate this concoction since I ate it on the fly before I could snap a pic. I figured someone (anyone) would want to see just what 250 calories of wonderful looks like :)


Oh, I almost forgot to share another taste of yummy with you from last night....White chicken chili with crushed Tostitos Multigrain Scoops. I made my WCC on the skinny side since we are trying to watch our waistline around the house.

White Chicken Chili:  4 cups of chicken broth, 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken shredded, 3 cans of white (Northern) beans drained, 1 can Rotel Original Rotel tomatoes (juice and all), 3 rounded Tbsp of Cumin, salt/pepper to taste. Throw all of those ingredients in the crockpot (or in a pot on the stove) and cook on low for about 2 hours. If you cook it on the stove, be sure to only cook it about 45min to an hour...don't want your beans to turn to mush. Then, serve it up in a bowl with about 6 tostitos crushed up on top. Amazing use of about 325 calories per bowl!


Well, I am pretty sure I have talked enough about food this afternoon. Can you tell that I was starved to death after our trip to the Greenway? Better go jump in the shower now...Dinner at Hooters for a tasty cheat with my sweetheart and kiddos.

Finally, A little taste of goodness for your evening:


No comments:

Post a Comment