Friday, March 22, 2013

Veggie Tales

Yesterday's lunch (Jerk Chicken Leftovers) ended up being postponed until today thanks to a dear co-worker's tasty treats. Her mother-in-law cooks a mean Korean meal, and I was oh-so thankful for their leftovers. Japchae (glass noodles), kimchi (fermented cabbage and radish with green onions and red pepper paste), Yaki Mondu eggrolls, and beef and chicken bulgogi. Of course, I had to get Denetra to spell all of these items since I can't even pronounce them much less spell them correctly. I can attest that this lunch was one of finest I have had in quite some time! Of course, one of my other co-workers wanted to bait a hook with the glass noodles...describing them as good bait to catch a large-mouth bass :)



Well, my sweetheart is back to his favorite "vegetating" again. He threw some carrots and kale together last night for a nice veggie base. After tossing in a few kiwi, about half a lime, and a couple of Granny Smith apples in the mix, we enjoyed our before dinner cocktail. Thinking I may look online for good juicing recipe book. I am sure Pinterest has a long list of pretty good ones, too. Any suggestions?


Just another recommendation for the veggie lover or even someone trying new ways to enjoy the same old choices...

We slice up zucchini or yellow squash and place on a foil lined pan. Cutting them into about 1 inch slices allows for them to cook evenly but not get mushy on the inside before the outside is soft enough to enjoy. Brush the tops with a light coating of butter or spray butter if you prefer. We use the real stuff in small proportions. Then, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and bake at 350* for about 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!



I went ahead and registered me, the hubby, and the girls for a 5K on May 11, 2013. The Strawberry Stride is going to be our first 5K this year. Back in January 2013, I committed to completing 13 in 13..Meaning, 13 races in 2013. Considering the late start due to my weekend work schedule, I have my work cut out for me if I am going to manage 13 races in 7 months. 
The next race on our radar will be the Andrews Cadillac Firecracker 5K on July 4th. This race will commemorate 3 years of completing 5Ks together for me and my sweetheart. We started this journey of 5Ks back on July 4, 2011. I will be sure to post the pictures from 2011, 2012 and then 2013 since I enjoy seeing how we have tried to get better with age...like fine wine or aged cheese...or perhaps more like compost. :) hehehe. Either way, we are working hard to improve the future. With warmer weather just around the corner, we are ready to get this year's memory making opportunities on the calendar.


Meanwhile, I will continue to work up a sweat on the elliptical on the cool mornings until I can get back out on the pavement. Unfortunately, didn't make it to the elliptical this morning prior to jumping into the workday from home. Guessing I better get there sometime this afternoon...


Just a little goodness for your day:



No comments:

Post a Comment