Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snack Attack


SNACK ATTACK!

I was trying to decide what to share on the blog today and decided to contribute to your day with an array of snack ideas and yummies since we all seem to have those moments when "just a little something" would satisfy our mental cravings.

Homemade Banana Ice Cream on the Lite Side
First things first...Freeze your peeled bananas then..
Blend together 1 frozen banana, 3/4-1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk, 2 Stevia packets, 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract.You have a delectable homemade banana ice cream for about 125 calories!

_______________________________________________________________________

"Ants on the Mound"
My daughter coined this creation in the kitchen. It is a lightly salted rice cake with a little PB2 (plus water to reconstitute) spread on top and then California Raisins sprinkled on top. She claims it is yummy! We order the PB2 from Amazon :)


___________________________________________________________________

One of my all time favorite mid-afternoon snack choices is the Oikos Fruit on the Bottom Blueberry Greek Yogurt. It has 0% Fat  and high protein with a high content of scrumptious.



  __________________________________________________________________

This combination is quite appetizing but a little bit has to do ya' since it is a bit addicting and could create a habit. The light Spinach Dip is made with Greek yogurt so it is lower in fat and calories with the same great taste. The vegetables are packed in there with all that creamy goodness :)


_____________________________________________________________________


Now, this pic doesn't do this combination justice. I happened across this by complete accident as I was snacking on my way home while driving in the dark. Before I left for work that morning, I had tossed a few roasted/salted almonds in a snack bag with a few Dark Chocolate Covered Expresso Beans. I grabbed one of each of these and popped them in my mouth and then the earth started to shake. Well, maybe that is a little overly exaggerated :) I think I experienced something close to phenomenal though! I am not convinced these items were not intended to go together but got separated at birth. I had my kids to taste test it just in case I was willing to accept just the average taste of something sweet. They are in agreement...this combo should forever be paired in the baggie!
_____________________________________________________________________


These Advo Bars pretty much speak for themselves. My favorite is the Fruit and Nuts Raw Bar on the bottom for that sweet but fruity craving. The Double Chocolate Snack Bar on top is a nice after lunch/dinner sweet that tastes "brownie-like". Last but not least, the Apple Cinnamon AM bar is a great breakfast with a cup of hot tea which is exactly what I had this morning. If you have any interest in trying these, contact me: fluffyandfiguringoutfit@gmail.com or comment on this blog post, and I will hook you up.
_____________________________________________________________________


Old Faithful! A good bowl of fresh fruit. My favorite is fresh strawberries and mango topped with Oikos Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt and about 1/4 cup of Chia Plus Coconut Chia Granola (or one of your favorites).


___________________________________________________________________

Well, I guess that is enough snacking for the afternoon. Eat till your heart is content! Tomorrow...Weigh Day Wednesday. Big surprises to share...be sure to catch it!

A little taste of goodness for your day:



No comments:

Post a Comment