Friday, March 22, 2013

Bringing home the bacon







I find myself so frustrated on Saturday and Sunday mornings when I can't start the morning out with some exercise! Reporting to work at 0700 with a 45 minute drive to get there...I would need to get up at 4am to get in a decent workout. Well, that would be just fine except I love to stay up later and enjoy some family time with my sweetie and kids on Friday night since being away from home on Saturday and Sunday for 14 hours doesn't allow very much socializing for me and them otherwise. Perhaps I should find a way to simply crawl out of bed and into my workout clothes rather than spending 20-30 minutes waking up as I stumble around the house half asleep in search of some Spark. Speaking of Spark...I just didn't realize how good it made me feel until I left it off for a couple of days (just as a test). Coffee and hot tea just don't fill that void!

These are just a few of the flavors that I enjoy first thing in the morning.

So, today is a workday and there won't be very much to share other than...I am pooped by the end of it. I just keep seeing that carrot dangling ahead of me...buying my baby girl (now 15 years) a car by her 16th B-Day in December. Working weekends are not too bad when it consists of just Sundays. Adding these Saturdays are a great test of my determination. On the bright side, I love the work I do in nursing so the hardest part is just being away from my family more. Due to my professional limitations and obligations to maintain my patient's privacy, I can't share pics or stories about my weekend adventures in my blog but I can tell you that I didn't know loving on people could make my heart so full until I met the little fella that I care for now. :)

I do want to share a couple of links that have really caught my attention recently.
1. Forks over Knives...documentary on Netflix...worth your time to watch. He has a Facebook page and a website as well.
2. Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead...checkout the documentary on Netflix and "Like" it on Facebook so his posts will show up in your news feed. Crazy awesome results from juicing!
3. Juicing Vegetables..."Like" it on Facebook. Great motivational pics and ideas for juicing and eating healthier
4. www.beyonddiet.com...great recipes on Facebook as well as a good website to check out

If you have any interest in juicing after you check out those documentaries, then I encourage you to think about the $34 Black and Decker Juicer at Walmart. We have used it tons in the last 2-3 weeks and love it thus far. Easy to clean and spits out good juice every time :)


http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FBlack-Decker-Fruit-and-Vegetable-Juice-Extractor%2F15034494&h=PAQELcWW5

Just a little taste of goodness for you today:




No comments:

Post a Comment