Friday, April 12, 2013

Beast Mode

I spent this day off catching up on a few housekeeping chores along with preparing the family a decent dinner after they had been at school and work. My strategy for sleeping in worked well until about 7:30 am when my brain went into full speed when I heard the garage door close as the girls left for school. Rise and shine...and off to the kitchen to start the day. But before I tackled the chore list, I jumped on the scale for a quick snapshot of how I was doing with being back on track since Wednesday. The result made me smile...


Almost back to where I was last Wednesday...down almost 2 pounds :) Amazing what abstaining from ETOH and eating cleaner does for your motivation and also for the digits on the scale.

Part of my morning was spent getting individual Grab 'n Go bags prepared with our favorite Spark flavors (pink lemonade and fruit punch). It just makes sense to buy in bulk since the hubby and I drink about 3-5 servings a day for that added energy that makes our days go smoothly. I purchased these little bags a while back for another purpose but they have come in handy for the Spark single servings. Buying the Spark in the canister allows for 44 servings versus purchasing a box with only 14 servings of pre-packaged. With a little effort, the savings make sense!


Today's workout was intentionally delayed since I had planned to do the P90X yoga with my girl when she got home from school. Well, that didn't happen quite as planned since she had a bit of a YUCK experience after donating her first pint of blood today at the high school. Despite being well hydrated and well nourished, she still had a near fainting episode after the blood letting was complete as she was recovering with juice and pretzels. Vision blurred with everything grayed out, sweat running down the back of her neck, and mouth lacking enough saliva to swallow...yeah, that was my baby girl's experience. In talking with her once she got home, it sounds like they did the phlebotomy too quickly which caused her to feel poorly. Hopefully this experience won't deter her from donating again but I really don't blame her if it did..ugh. In thinking about that, I probably need to schedule my next donation soon...this O positive gal tries to give when I can but not nearly enough in my life thus far.

Since I didn't get the yoga workout completed, I decided to go into Beast Mode on the elliptical while dinner was cooking. I think the Pandora Bonnie Raitt station put me into a perfect state of mind for a great workout. After completing the 3 miles on the elliptical, I knocked out some crunches on the exercise ball and worked with the kettle bell for some arm exercises.


After a great workout followed by a quick shower, dinner was served. I made up a quick Italian-style concoction with whole wheat rotini pasta topped with a homemade meat sauce (Sweet Italian Ground Turkey/Lean Beef, minced garlic, crushed tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, and loads of spices). We sprinkled a little mozzarella cheese on top and topped with Panko-coated Baked Eggplant. Wow! It was quite yummy if I do say so myself. If anyone wants to full blown recipe for the meat sauce, just let me know.


Now, before I forget to share this little nugget of fantastic info...here goes. I have never really suffered more than a day or so with bad menstrual cramps in my 25 years of "mother nature" visiting. However, as I have aged closer to 40, it seems that my mood swings (labeled as PMS) have gotten pretty significant in my opinion. I try to remain as level headed as possible but I tend to  have a quick temper and am more tearful that week prior to the start. I started taking "Clear Mood" this week which is typically the week of contention. Temper in check and I haven't cried yet :) Advocare saves the week as far as I am concerned. If you have any desire to try it, message me at fluffyandfiguringoutfit@gmail.com and I can help get you a bottle delivered ASAP.


Well, I reckon I will wrap up this post since the workday starts bright and early for me tomorrow. 5am rolls around quickly...but I get to spend my day with my precious 12 year old patient.
I will end with your little taste of goodness:


No comments:

Post a Comment