Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Not-So "Skinny" on my Week

The Best Crunch Instructor

Elliptical time...short and sweet

Starting this day at 5am on the elliptical was one of the toughest workouts that I have had in a while. And yes...I know exactly why! Two evenings in a row...cocktails! It's not like I didn't know that I was going to pay the price for the couple of glasses of Moscato on Monday night after work and then Girls Night Out last night with Mexican food and Skinny Margaritas. Guess I thought I would just do it and pay the price after. Was it worth it? Actually, NO.Yes, I enjoyed the taste but I absolutely despise the after effects of ETOH. Therefore, I am resuming abstinence from those beverages for a while. Not sure if the 300-500 calories added to my daily calorie intake or the weight gain on this Weigh Day Wednesday was the worst part. The scale read "190.6" this AM...couldn't get my silly phone to snap a legible picture this AM for the life of me. Last Wednesday's result: 188.0 Honestly, I have been pushing those calorie limits all week without increasing my exercise so I wasn't surprised to see extra pounds on the scale this       week. I exceeded last Thursday as well so sure glad to learn these lessons and move on. But...the best plan is to just buckle down and LOSE IT! This morning was a nice start...20 minutes on the elliptical, 100 abdominal crunches, and several sets of kettle bell lifts. In addition, I tried to add several extra steps to my day. All total, I found another 2-3 miles of steady walking in addition to the AM workout since I walked to and from the dentist from my office this AM(1/2 mile each way) and to and from the parking lot from the office (1/2 mile each way again). The walk to Sweet CeCe's doesn't count since I ate what I burned plus more. However, that fro yo was well worth those calories spent :)



Before leaving home this morning, I tossed a roast in the crock pot for dinner. I ran across a great recipe for Mississippi Roast a few months ago on Pinterest. I have adapted mine just a little by substituting the Hidden Valley Ranch with Onion Gravy Mix. I still use the Au Jus  Mix along with the butter and pepperoncini peppers. Before I tried this concoction, my roast always seemed dry and tasteless. Never again! The only concerning part is the stick of butter but I would not be opposed to leaving that part off in attempts to cut the fat. I ran into a little snaffoo when I realized that I hadn't bought any white potatoes to make mashed potatoes to serve along with the creamed corn. Never fear...I had some fresh sweet potatoes so I made the baked fries again. The hubby said that it was my ploy to prevent him from eating that "white stuff"...perhaps it was my subconscious working in overtime at the last trip to the grocery as I forgot to pick up those Idahos. :)



Before I wrap up this post, I wanted to share some beautiful sites that I experienced this past weekend at work . The special part of these pics is that I was able to share my afternoon outside with a special little fella that doesn't take the blooming trees, the running streams, and the road ahead of him for granted. Observing the amazement in the eyes of a 12-year-old dependent on others to take him on a Sunday afternoon ride in his wheelchair is what warms my heart to a depth that few have ever reached. These pics were snapped along our hour stroll through his neighborhood. Spring time is upon us...thank goodness! I am hopeful that I can share more afternoons like this each weekend that I spend with him.

                                             

Hope the remainder of your week is fantastic! I am setting my goals high this week...would love to drop those 2.6 pounds that I so casually gained this week. Heck, think I will shoot for a total of 3 all together but I have my work cut out for me. Better be thinking about bedtime now so tomorrow's AM workout will be more pleasant than today's. Sweet dreams....

Your little taste of goodness for today:


No comments:

Post a Comment