Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Memories Made, Pounds Lost

Boy, this last week has flown by. Wednesday rolled around before I realized it but I am looking forward to my next day off (Friday) so I can catch up on some home stuff. Between working this past weekend and heading to UT Knoxville for a quick over and back trip, I am feeling ready for a little down time.


Just to recap a great day captured in Knoxville yesterday, I wanted to share a few memories. Dannah and I visited with Captain Farley in the ROTC office at UTK. We were able to attend the Awards Ceremony that afternoon and enjoyed watching the numerous cadets receive awards for their extraordinary achievements over the course of the semester. Depending on how the scholarships are awarded in Fall of this year, Dannah may be wearing orange on The Hill as she studies Engineering starting in Fall 2014.

Well, I jumped on the scale this morning since it is Weigh Day Wednesday. Yes, I am a loser and proud of it! This week has just felt good all together when it came to appetite control and moderation in my eating habits. In fact, we ate at Moe's yesterday and managed to eat light and avoid the tempting chips and salsa bar.  Down another 1.4 pounds from 189.2! Love it!!



This evening's dinner was a joint effort. David and I made a couple of homemade pizzas
to share with the family. He made his loaded with cheese, pepperoni, Italian sausage, and jalapenos while I tried to slim mine down with turkey pepperoni, diced ham, mushrooms, and onions with minimal cheese spread over the top. We used the whole wheat crust from the Pillsbury can which tasted great for refrigerator dough.Through My Fitness Pal calculations, I calculated each piece at about 150 calories on my creation. It was not Old Chicago yummy but was definitely worth the effort :)


Ok...keeping this post shorter than usual since I need a few more hours of sleep tonight than the average 5 that I have been getting...ugh.

Here is your little taste of goodness for today. Our kitty, Gracie, voluntarily strolls into the dog crate and can be caught lounging when the door is standing open. Silly girl...




No comments:

Post a Comment