Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Living my Life...Scales and All


I love getting mail and love getting BIG BOXES from Advocare even more. We stocked up on more of the bars (AdvoBar Snack Bar and AdvoBar Meal Bar) since these seem to just disappear from the cabinet overnight. :) In addition, we added some Rehydrate onto our order because Dannah was needing some replenishing after her P90X workouts. She is drinking Gatorade but thought we would try the Rehydrate for comparison. Speaking of that crazy girl...she definitely photo bombed my picture last night. When I asked her if I could still use this pic on my blog post, she said "Sure. What do I have to lose? I use to think I was cool. Now, I just think I am ME." I love that kid!



I also added the Chewable CorePlex to the order this time because both of my girls need to be taking an all around good supplement that is age appropriate. Katie hates to swallow pills, and Dannah doesn't necessarily like the over-the-counter Teen MultiVitamin that I bought for her before. So...we chose the CorePlex Chewable as a great option for them both.



Now, I can share my experience first-hand with you this AM after I used the SleepWorks last night. I do have to say.."I am impressed." I don't usually have any issues with getting to sleep once I lay my head down but have my doubts on the quality of sleep that I get since I wake up still tired most mornings.This morning was quite an exception. I jumped in the shower, prepared for my workday and was well on my way to the office in record time. No droopy eyes and yawns that kept me feeling like the pillow and blankets were a better idea than getting my day started "bright eyed and bushy tailed." I am a believer :)

Okey dokey...without futher delay...It's Weigh Day Wednesday. The results aren't quite what I had hoped for but I will take them with a smile. I had set a mini-goal for 3 pounds...instead I lost  from "190.6" to "189.2"...1.4 down. Guess I can say that meeting almost 1/2 of my goal is better than none considering I have engaged in several "splurges" this week. Beer and pizza, Au Bon Pain coffee and a cookie, and...oh heck...why dig up the dirt :) But, this week is gonna be FANTASTIC and I am ready to tackle the beasts in my head saying..."Just a bite won't hurt." I overheard my dear friend say something genius last night when we were talking on the phone. She was quoting another friend that has been successful at keeping over a 100 pound weight loss in check for several years now. To attempt to quote her words, "I don't need even one bite since I already know what it tastes like. It just isn't one bite for me." Thank you Joy for sharing those words yesterday. You are impacting lives day after day in such a positive depth that can't easily be described with words in a blogpost.

This day is guaranteed to be great with the sun shining and the 80 degrees of warmer weather out there. Hoping to catch a bit of the outdoors after work today...that black top is calling my name.

Your little taste of goodness for today:


No comments:

Post a Comment