Monday, May 6, 2013

Challenge Accepted-Day 1

Rise and shine! It's Day 1 of the 24 Day Challenge and I am supercharged to rock these next 3+ weeks. In fact, I think I was even more excited when I jumped on the scales this morning to find...

1.6 pounds down since last Friday! Yeah, baby!
Today started out just as planned...on the pavement. However, we were minus one walker (Angie, yes I am calling you out...hehe) which really bums me as I look forward to those morning walks with her and her humor. Story telling could definitely be a 2nd career for her. :) Nevertheless, Jenna and I made our way through the neighborhood for about 2 1/2 miles together and then I knocked out a couple more on my own. The Pandora station was good and the morning drizzle was just enough to cool the air. Day 1 of the 24 Day Challenge was well on its way since I had knocked out my workout and back home enjoying my Fiber Drink by 6:30am.

Only counting 400 calories for exercise since I forgot to reset my weight on my watch :)
After a "Motivational Monday" 90 minute phone conversation with my mom this morning, mom decided to start her cleanse today as well. She apparently doesn't realize that her cleansing is really all about me...hehehe. I NEED HER accountability :) I have a couple more friends starting this week on their Day 1 so I will keep track of their progress as well...TEAMWORK is KEY!


Breakfast was high in the YUM factor this morning. I tossed together an egg white omelet with ham, red onion, minced garlic, and fresh spinach.

1 oz diced ham
1 tbsp chopped red onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup of fresh spinach
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
salt/pepper to taste

Saute' the first 4 ingredients in a small skillet until spinach is wilted and soft. Transfer to a plate so you can use the small skillet for the eggs. Spray the skillet with Pam non-stick spray. Heat skillet on Medium heat until slightly warm. Add egg whites and allow to cook without stirring. Flip the egg in the pan once the top looks set and no longer runny. Once flipped, add the ham and veggie combination to one side of the egg surface. Fold over with spatula and transfer to plate. I added Salsa Verde to the top for more flavor and a little spice. Enjoy.


Another special delivery came today! My new business cards arrived :) I have had a couple of people ask me about my blog and my AdvoCare site so I decided to go fancy and get a few cards printed up thanks to VistaPrint. I feel so weird having my name in print but it's kind of neat to see a few of my nuggets of enjoyment all in one place...Facebook Weight Loss page, Blogger, and AdvoCare. Thank you to everyone that puts up with my craziness on social media and in real life.

Wrapping this post with a little taste of goodness...



No comments:

Post a Comment