Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Snipits on Stay-cation

Hump Day...Weigh Day Wednesday...
Day 3 of my 24 Day Challenge...Stay-cation

All of these can be used to describe this day for me. I couldn't think of any better way to start my morning than hitting the pavement at 6:15am with my buddy, Jenna, so I did just that...we walked about 3 miles together and then I kept the movement going for a bit more. It is so easy to talk shop to her...like wellness from inside to out. She and I have such similar stories of weight loss struggles that I did not even realize until this week. Thanking God for these morning opportunities!


I skipped blogging yesterday since I had so many household chores to knock out like the mountain of laundry and the miscellaneous ToDo list that seemed to keep getting bumped for more grand things like...Facebook/Pinterest, Instagram, etc. Pinterest just sucks me so easily!

Yesterday was a great day all the way around but I did manage to work in a little elliptical time before heading out to a meeting with my oldest girl. 

Tuesday, May 7th

Be sure to check out that time! I am officially under that 25 minute mark for 3 miles. Of course, this is not indicative of my 5K in the great outdoors nor on a treadmill. Either way, I am burning calories and sweating my bootie off. :) So, while I was getting in that last minute workout, my girl was downstairs whipping up a post-workout treat for me. It smelled simply yummy so I couldn't wait to taste it. A protein pancake! Yes, "1 scoop of protein powder, 1 packet of Stevia, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enough water to make it like pancake batter" is what the cook described as the recipe. I added a little something to the top of 1/2 of mine just for a taste test...1/2 tbsp of White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter. Oh my! is the best description that I can come up with to describe how fantabulous this really was to the palate. The protein pancake by itself is just about 120 calories and 25 grams of Protein. Now that's a deal!


Well, one of the benefits of a stay-cation is that you can slip in a mid-day nap when you want to and you can color your hair at the spur of the moment. So that's exactly what I did. I mean, come on, you didn't really think that I only had 2 grey hairs that were pluckable did you? After all, I do have 3 teenagers...hehehe. However, I do know how to save a few dollars. I am a golden brunette out of a bottle. :)


Well, as I mentioned above, today is Weigh Day Wednesday but I am 3 days into my cleanse and am choosing not to publish my weight. I can and will say that I weigh less than I did on Monday which means that fluff in my gut is on the way out. I was watching a documentary yesterday on Netflix that sparked my interest. The physician that was being interviewed mentioned that the body needs to be cleansed of the toxins routinely. Ok, I get that. The next statement made so much sense that I just have to share it with you. He said that you should drink 2 liters of plain water first thing in the morning. He said that you want to flush out the toxins through your bowels and not through your skin. If your body is sweating throughout the day and you are drinking fluids along the way then the bowels didn't get the head start on cleansing. Interesting thought and makes more sense that way :) So...2 liters down the hatch this morning before my workout. Yeah baby!

So, enough for today...I have to get busy and quit avoiding that ToDo list.
Here is a little taste of goodness for you today:


No comments:

Post a Comment