Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cleansed and Set for Success!


My eyes popped open at 3:45am this morning unassisted by any alarm, loud jackhammer outside, or dogs barking. Jeez a meez...I had my multiple alarms (UP band, phone alarm, and bedside alarm clock) all set for 4:15am in stages as to prepare me for hitting the pavement this morning. Why did my mind think my body didn't need that other 30 minutes? Oh well, I made it to the curb to meet up with my buddy, Angie, and her sweetheart for a morning hustle. We knocked out almost 3 1/2 miles before it was time to head in for showers.

Just as I got back inside, I realized that I had already had 16 ounces of water plus Spark. Dang it...I like to weigh naked and before I have had anything to drink or eat. But...today marks Day 11..the end of the 10 day Cleanse portion of my 24 Day Challenge so... onto the scales I hopped. To my surprise, I am a LOSER. Looks like I am down 2.4 pounds in these 10 days. Fan-friggin'-tastic! I can almost see the 170s! My body fat percentage shows a nice decrease but I rarely bank on those numbers because I look at the law of averages. Still...I am excited...as illustrated by all the !!! ending my sentences..hehehe.

Today

10 days ago
OK, so I had a mind boggling experience yesterday as I posted my before (10/2010) and current picture on my Fluffy and Figuring Out Fit Facebook Page. Friends far and wide congratulated me for my effort and determination over the last 2 plus years. My heart overflowed with happiness as I had several folks reach out to me asking for me to share my story and success tips with them. For every day that I wonder if I am on the right track, yesterday's response secured it for me. I want to lead by example and not leave a stone unturned or a person untouched when it comes to sharing my journey of getting healthy. I have spent many many years in the obese class of people and am still there for a few more pounds. BMI today: 31.1. As you may remember, an interaction with one of my physicians that I work with is what sealed the deal for me to think about BMI. If you missed it, click HERE. Thankfully, I am well on my way to leaving those days behind me and only carry memories of how I felt when I could only shop in the Plus Size department and couldn't do the simple task of crossing my legs without feeling like my toes would fall off due to poor circulation. I am so very thankful for the continued support of the multiple accountability teams that I have arranged throughout my life...friends, family, and this blog. Thanks to all who read my blog and who are challenged to improve themselves on a daily basis. I still have about 35-40 pounds to go but I am ready to enjoy this journey for every day that I am given to share my story.

Enough about me today...here is your little taste of goodness:

No comments:

Post a Comment