Thursday, May 9, 2013

Inspired-Day 4

Last night was a scrumptious opportunity just waiting to happen. My sweetheart and I enjoy a good Mexican meal but I am starting to get tired of my regular clean menu choices, fajitas (no rice or tortillas) and grilled chicken salad (no cheese/dressing). When he mentioned he wanted to just meet for dinner at Mazatlan,  I was trying to brain storm on what besides the regulars would be a good choice. Then all of a sudden, I saw a glow coming from an item on the menu as I reviewed it in my mind. It just jumped right out to me as if it was calling my name. The Tilapia Dinner...tilapia, grilled shrimp, mixed veggies seasoned to perfection! I shoved most of the shrimp to the side since it is recommended to avoid those on the Cleanse Phase. As you can see, the kitchen must have thought this was "family style" since they served me enough for at least 2 maybe 3 people. To Go boxes work amazingly well for keeping the intake in moderation :)


This morning started out Day 4 with great pleasure. Walking in the hood with Angie...remember the one that I called out on Monday for bailing out of the exercise in the wee hours of the morning? Well, she totally made it up to me this morning as we started at 5am and knocked out a nice chunk of land as we traveled in circles around the block. Beautiful opportunity that everyone should experience...the morning sunrise.


She is part of the original Secret Scale Society but she has literally melted since that pic was taken. She would kill me if I posted any up to date ones without her permission so you will just have to trust that she is lookin' stinkin' awesome :)

Brisk walk...no run...happy knees!
So, I have decided to share my before pics taken this past week prior to the start of this 24 Day Challenge. If these are easy access in my post, then I will be able to click back and see where I have come from and focus on where I wanna be. The biggest key to my weight loss and health journey moving forward will need to include toning since I am starting to see more and more saggy, baggy skin. Over 60 pound weight loss at 40 years old...I will embrace those wrinkles and be happy that my hips and legs don't hurt from carrying the cargo. :) However, my P90X beast mode kid had a simple solution..."Do arms and back with me, momma." So, I am in! Starting tonight we will be toning and working those biceps and triceps.


 Some great AdvoCare product is heading to my house this week. I was fortunate enough to get my pre-order in within the hour that Watermelon Spark sold out of the limited Special Offer supply of 3,000 canisters and 3,000 boxes. The official launch will not be until June so I am pumped that I have a little to hold me over. The Watermelon Spark tastes just like a giant Jolly Rancher...who wouldn't love that?! If you want me to get in touch with you about sampling or purchasing a box/canister, send me a quick message. I can ship it wherever you live in the U.S.
Tonight is probably going to be a bit of a challenge. Me and the sweetheart are headed to an Awards Ceremony for one of the girls. It will be catered so there is no telling what will be on the buffet. But...the cool part is that it is 5 minutes from home and that's where a Chocolate Mocha Meal Replacement Shake can be consumed within seconds after the return home. So...I got this!

Oh, almost forgot to share my new tool that the girls and David got for me for a combo Mother's Day and Birthday present. I know...you are looking at your calendar and wondering why so early since Mother's Day is still 3 days away and my birthday is not until June. Well, my family is much like me...when we get someone something, it kills us to not give it to them. Of course, my begging to see what was in the bag had nothing to do with it...hehehe. :)


It was a new UP band to help me keep track of my movement and calorie burn, etc. You even wear it while you sleep...hmmm...interesting. I am super excited to see how it works but I can tell you that it vibrates when you are sitting for too long. Needless to say, it has vibrated a couple of times while I have been typing this blogpost. Therefore, I am going to say tootles for now and get busy for my day.

A little taste of goodness for you today:














No comments:

Post a Comment