Thursday, May 23, 2013

Everybody can be a ROCKSTAR!

Rolling back to Wednesday...
Wednesdays are one of my favorite days of each week. You are probably thinking...why not Friday just before the weekend? Well, I will quickly tell you that Wednesdays are really special for me for at least a couple of reasons these days. #1...it's Weigh Day Wednesday for me personally (relating to my Fluffy and Figuring Out Fit journey) and #2...it's the 1st week weigh-in of the Biggest Loser competition at my office.

10 people in my office have committed to holding one another accountable in the workplace. Teamwork! Teamwork! Teamwork! These folks are more than determined than ever to get leaner and healthier as Summer approaches. 12 weeks of eating better/cleaner, exercising, and being accountable to one another. So...without further delay...I must share that THIS TEAM HAS ROCKED WEEK 1...minus 27 pounds with 8 of our 10 that weighed in yesterday. That is a whole 12.7% less of the clinic folk fluff that what we had on May 13th..hehehe. These folks have passed up boxes of Dunkin Donuts and homemade cakes throughout the week as they have their eyes set on the grand prize...$100. They paid up $10 to participate with the group in hopes of taking home the loot at the end. We figure it by percentage (%) of weight loss rather than total pounds since some have 10 pounds on their agenda while others have multiples of ten (like myself). On the office scales from 2/13 until 2/22, I left behind 1.5 pounds of fluff which equates to 0.81%. Others left behind anywhere from 1.3 pounds to 7.1 pounds (the biggest loser with % being 3.1%...GO Lesley and the biggest loser with pounds being 7.1...GO Linda). At the end of the competition, it is all about % so we all have to have our best foot forward the whole way. The awesome part is that I have no doubt that each of us will have learned a lot about healthier living along this journey.

This week 5.22.2013

Weigh Day Wednesday treated me fairly considering that I didn't drop a lot on the scales but I did feel thinner this week. I know...that sounds weird but it just feels like I may have shrunk an inch or two overall in the last month or so. It probably stems from more exercise but I am tickled either way...I'll take inches any day!









Ok, so just a 0.2 pound loss but it is not a gain. As I like to make myself believe, I could have had a whole pound lost if I could have POOPED before that weigh in. :)




Today's lunch consisted of leftovers. However, these were better than usual leftovers since we had eaten out for Mexican last night. The grilled Tilapia and mixed veggies are simply amazing! Of course, like most of the meals from restaurants, they serve you 2 to 3 times what is needed at one sitting. Therefore, I packed up half of it and enjoyed lunch today just the same as I did dinner last night. I share this with you so that you know that there is always a decent choice :) But...if you are not a seafood fan, steer clear...hehehe

One more thing to share with you today...
About a week ago, I found this stuck to my window as I arrived at my car after a long work day. I have saved this as a reminder that there are gonna be days that I don't feel like a Rock Star but I should remember that others see that in me when I don't see it myself. This little note happens to be from a fellow nursing co-worker. This fella has moved on to bigger and better in the research nurse arena so we don't get to hang out much anymore. The really cool part is that he spent the morning with both of my girls as they volunteered for a research study that he is coordinating. They jumped at the opportunity to earn a quick $50 but were really excited to know that DeWayne was making all of this happen for them with great ease. I mean...they didn't even hesitate even though they had to be at Vandy at 6:45am this morning on their first Summer vacation day. If you ask me, DeWayne is the ROCK STAR!


Ok, just a little taste of goodness for your Thursday...


My Gracie...just as precious as she is rotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment