Thursday, May 30, 2013

Success in Numbers

Yesterday was a great day for productivity if I do say so myself. I started to get up at the typical 4:30am and hit the pavement but then thought..."Heck, why would I do that when I could get out at 9am and sweat miserably?" The sunshine is not a compliment to working out when it is beating you in the face. I tell ya'...4:30am workouts ROCK! But...9am it was for a full 30 minutes.
Workout...check!

I had plans to meet up with an old friend at Olive Garden for lunch. We chatted about life, love, and pursuit of happiness for a couple of hours while we fed our faces. I chose the Apricot Chicken...not my favorite but it was edible. The salad it the real reason I enjoy Olive Garden...no matter what else lands on the table. And...I enjoyed a couple of plates of that before the entree arrived. I avoided the breadsticks without any trouble this go around since I had weighed in for Weigh Day Wednesday and needed to beef up my game a little since I am not losing as steady as I would like. In fact, I had gained 1 pound as of Tuesday morning when I weighed in at the office. For Weigh Day Wedneday, thanks to my FIBER drink...I am back down...which equates to minus 70.2 pounds since my journey began October 25, 2010 (that's 20.6 since starting AdvoCare on February 15, 2013).

Lunch...check!

Errands...check!
Back home and hangin' with my sweetheart...check!

So, on to this morning...I managed to drag myself outside this AM instead of the elliptical that I had planned. I went ahead and made my mind up to complete 30 minutes of cardio so that I could compare this morning's pace with yesterday. Ok, don't laugh! Yesterday was a run/walk day with intervals for the most part. My pace was just under 13 minutes for 2.31 miles. My walking pace this morning with about 4 minutes of running was 14:36 with total mileage of 2.05. As you can see, my jog pace is not all that impressive but I am trying to stretch out that stride more to cover more land. Only time will tell...


Today marks the end of the last 24 Day Challenge. Unfortunately, I can't share inches lost with you since I didn't measure this go around but I will report that I lost from.. 184.2 to 179.8 (again this AM). So, it's official...I have left another 4.4 pounds behind. So, my next mini-goal is to get down below 175. Sometimes it's baby steps in my life...5 pounds at a time is how I have lost the last 70 so here I go...steam rolling ahead.

Day 1 of my 2nd 24 Day Challenge (May 6)

So, I am excited to report that the Biggest Loser Challengers are stinkin' amazing over-achievers! Another 10.2 pounds lost this week amongst 7 peeps that weighed in . I gained that pound that I mentioned earlier by Tuesday's weigh day so I won't punish their numbers with that addition. So...10.2 this week and 27 pounds last week. I rally behind each and every one of their losses because it's the teamwork and motivation in numbers that has helped me over the last couple of years. They are seeing the formula for success and I am loving it! If ever they wonder who is their biggest cheerleader, they need not look any further...my smile gives it away! :) I love those folks!

Here is a little taste of goodness for you today:

A fellow foodie and weight-conscious friend, Linda, has shared a new recipe with me that I want to share with you...

Raspberry Vinaigrette:

1 cup raspberries, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 1/4 c apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp sugar (adjust for

the sweetness of the berries), 1 heaping tsp Dijon mustard. Blend together and stream in

about 1/2 c olive oil until the dressing comes together, salt & pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment